Posted on September 8, 2020 1:50 am

READ FULL STORY @ Trending Politics

First Lady Melania Trump is speaking up in a big way after a highly controversial story from The Atlantic alleges that President Donald Trump called U.S. military servicemen “losers” back in 2018.

Download the FREE TrendingPolitics Mobile App so you never miss a Trump story

sponsor

She says the story is “not true” and totally false.

[email protected] story is not true,” the first lady tweeted in response to the hit piece.

“It has become a very dangerous time when anonymous sources are believed above all else, & no one knows their motivation. This is not journalism — It is activism. And it is a disservice to the people of our great nation,” she said.

The Washington Examiner reported:

President Trump has vehemently denied the Atlantic’s reporting as well, pointing out that 11 people have gone on the record denying that the president made the comments.

“It’s a hoax,” Trump said in a White House press conference. “Just like the fake dossier was a hoax. Just like the Russia-Russia-Russia was a hoax. It was a total hoax.”

Trump added, “You’ll hear more of these things, totally unrelated, as we get closer to the election.”

Atlantic Editor in Chief Jeffrey Goldberg — who authored the story — actually admitted that one of the most central tenets of his hit piece could be false.

The Federalist reported:

On Sunday, Atlantic Editor in Chief Jeffrey Goldberg admitted the White House’s account that President Trump’s trip to a cemetery of fallen World War I soldiers in France in 2018 was modified due to bad weather is probably accurate.

“I’m sure all of those things are true,” Goldberg told CNN in an interview on Friday when asked to respond to evidence a story he published saying otherwise is false.

The White House also denounced the piece, calling it “patently false” and “offensive fiction.”

“This report is patently false. President Trump holds the military in the highest regard. He’s demonstrated his commitment to them at every turn: delivering on his promise to give our troops a much-needed pay raise, increasing military spending, signing critical veterans reforms, and supporting military spouses. These nameless anecdotes have no basis in fact and are offensive fiction,” said White House strategic communications director Alyssa Farah.

Former National Security Advisor John Bolton wrote in his book, which was released earlier in the year, that the trip to the cemetery was canceled for the president’s safety over bad weather.

Bolton wrote:

“Marine One’s crew was saying that bad visibility could make it imprudent to chopper to the cemetery. The ceiling was not too low for Marines to fly in combat, but flying POTUS was obviously something very different. If a motorcade was necessary, it could take between ninety and a hundred and twenty minutes each way, along roads that were not exactly freeways, posing an unacceptable risk that we could not get the President out of France quickly enough in case of an emergency.”

“It was a straightforward decision to cancel the visit but very hard for a Marine like Kelly to recommend, having originally been the one to suggest Belleau Wood… Trump agreed, and it was decided that others would drive to the cemetery instead.”

Bolton was asked about the Atlantic story over the weekend and said he had never heard Trump disparage fallen soldiers.

***Help Us TAKE DOWN The Liberal Media With Our TRUMP News Mobile App!***

“I didn’t hear that,” Bolton said. “I’m not saying he didn’t say them later in the day or another time, but I was there for that discussion.”

READ FULL STORY @ Trending Politics